Intro – Jaqueline Valencia

Hi my name is Jaqueline Valencia but I go by the name Jackie, I’m 21 years old and I am from Mexico. I was born in Mexico but raised in the United States at the age of 3. I grew up participating in a lot of different sports like soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, some baseball, indoor track and cross country. I used to be very athletic from the third grade up to sophomore year in high school. Around that time I also became a mother at the age of sixteen. Fully independent from my family and my husband family. Eventually I had to stop going to high school due to my pregnancy. But I decided to switch to GED instead. Also yes, I am married. Although my journey was long and more challenging. I still managed to get my life together and find a path and stick with it. For this reason I’ve learned to love challenges and pursue a better future.

My major is Dent Hygienist. I want to have a secure job. With good pay and stop living from pay check to pay check. I want to be involved in my kids live. I want to be present, I wanna be off on holidays. I want to enjoy life more. Then living in the same cycle. I know this degree is hard and I’m aware of the challenges. But I could still achieve this career even if it takes long to achieve.

2 thoughts on “Intro – Jaqueline Valencia”

1. Your introduction is very uplifting and encouraging. I can definitely relate to your story being a parent as well and wanting to do better in life. especially when there are children involved and having a family that depends on you. You have a lot of motivation and inspiration surrounding your story and background. With that determination you will prosper and achieve every goal you set your mind on. I wish you and the whole entire class the very best in accomplishing everything that WE as a whole want to succeed and accomplish. Good luck.

2. This is a good introduction!

Loved: Although my journey was long and more challenging. I still managed to get my life together and find a path and stick with it. For this reason I’ve learned to love challenges and pursue a better future.

What a great attitude about challenges.

Good work, but where is a picture? That was part of the assignment.