Objective: In this assignment, you will explore the process of sketching and brainstorming to generate ideas for your personal logo. This exercise will help you develop a strong foundation for creating a logo that reflects your personality, interests, and aspirations.
- Sketchbook or drawing paper or digital drawing tools
- Pencils, erasers, and drawing tools
- Reference materials (if desired, e.g., images, symbols, or words that inspire you)
Step 1: Thumbnail Sketching
Start creating small thumbnail sketches. These are quick, rough, and small-scale drawings that help you explore your ideas visually.
- For each idea or concept you referenced in your mood board, try to visualize it as a simple, iconic symbol. Sketch multiple variations of each concept.
- Experiment with different compositions, shapes, and layouts for your logo. You can use basic geometric shapes and lines to simplify your ideas.
Examples of logo thumbnails
Step 2: Reflection
- Post your logo exploration (15-20 sketches) in the comments with a summary of how your logo relates to your mood board and the thought process you had while creating your thumbnails (200-300 words)
This sketching and brainstorming process should help you generate a range of ideas and concepts for your personal logo. It’s an essential step in the logo design and brand identity process as it allows you to explore various possibilities before moving on to more refined design work.
Due Monday 9/18