Red Cup Cafe

A previous client wanted a delivery menu to be designed. We based the menu from their previous menu. My supervisor started designing the menu, but then told me to continue the menu design. I had to type every dish on to the menu. There were no files of the text. After designing the 5 panel menu, my supervisor sent the files to the client. My supervisor said the client wanted to add several things on to the menu. One of the sandwich names was missing. A few of the categories needed to be reordered. At first, I could not fit the create your own quinoa & rice bowl on to the panel. In order to fit the quinoa bowl and the chef designed salad, the side order category had to be moved. The usual problems for designing menus are the spacing. The text has to be big enough to see and have enough room so it does not look cluttered.

Red Cup Cafe Menu

Red Cup Cafe Menu

Red Cup Cafe Menu

Red Cup Cafe Menu

Through designing this menu, I learned that it is important to communicate with your clients. My supervisor uses email to send files to her clients for approval and changes. When she has specific questions, she would call her clients and ask. It is important to communicate to your clients because there will be certain things clients want. If I have any questions, I should ask my supervisor. If she is not sure about it, she will call the client and ask. This keeps the projects from having any delays.

I learn from my supervisor how to communicate with clients. While working on projects, I can hear my supervisor talking on the phone to her clients. I take note of how she talks and how her tone is. My supervisor takes time to explain to her clients. This is a an important skill to have no matter which working environment one is placed into.