Thoughts on the movie

From the movie, I was surprised at how callous and uncaring the developers could be towards the population of people. The fact that developers had so much control, and gave so little to the people of the world, was honestly shocking, and the fact that the city, despite listening to people so they would not be harmed, agreed to go through with this and ended up with little compensation. The thought that zoning and new developments could have such a large impact on the surrounding area was horrifying. It seemed that despite residence doing everything from protests to alternate suggestions on how to renovate areas only to be ignored makes me wonder if there is any way for the people to have their opinion taken seriously. It feels like those in power can completely ignore the feelings of those who were directly affected by their decisions. I must wonder, though, how up-to-date this movie is. As of now, Bloomberg has been removed from office and been replaced with de Blasio, who doesn’t seem to have as many corporate ties as he did. Because of that, I hope that these developmental uplifts are less frequent than they were in the past.