Do we have a right to the city?

In the films that we watched it was clear that changes are inevitable. At a certain point, we need changes in our life, community, and city. There are changes that we can’t manage, because of our word or as a person we are not values enough. I am talking about those changes that occur in our city, it doesn’t matter if you were there for months, years, or decades. The time they need to take a decision about a changed they would end up not thinking about you. As a government, you think that the changes will benefit the community or the people, but at the end of the day, they would not. As we saw it in the Jane Jacob film, changes are made in the name of people but nor for the people. The city makes that changes, but as a community, you are the one that has to faces those changes. I think that as a resident of the city you have a right to that city, but we just don’t implement it. It’s easier to blame others or just let them do whatever they want with our rights than used it. I think most of us are just scared of the consequences and that is the reason why we prefer to stay quiet.