Advanced Searching

Throughout these classes, I’ve learned how to become better at researching. The whole concept of researching a topic and being able to  manipulate search engines to get the exact results you’re looking for was something I enjoyed learning this class simply because I now have to ability to do that outside of this class. In the outside world ever since I was this method of searching, it is definitely a lot easier to get the exactly what I sought out from the start because there are loop holes that I wasn’t aware of in the beginning. In knowing these loop holes, I can use this when I have to write essays that require background research, so it’s definitely very helpful to know how to use search engines efficiently.

One Response to Advanced Searching

1. Suly Paredes says:

We both are on the same level of knowledge for researching. In my High School days, I’ve only known how to go to the library and reading magazines and newspapers. Advanced searching requires the ability of knowing not only how to search specifically to the narrowest, but also how to go around the words of the search. After this class, I’m sure we’ll remember these techniques and pass them on to our children and friends.