Search Engine and Library Database

Usually when i search for something on the internet i always use Google and Yahoo even though they both aren’t sources, they are still good search engine’s to me to look up information. Basically when i search for something on Google or yahoo they give me different results and take me to other different websites where i find a lot of articles on things. For my research project i used Google scholar as a search engine and it gave me some pretty good sources that i could use for my project being that i am talking about professional sports and steroid use regarding privacy. I found a lot of information on confidentiality and what it means, and how we as citizens have a right to this. As for the Library database i used the city tech library computer to search for information regarding privacy, i saw thousands of results on books, some magazines, and articles regarding my research paper. I was very shocked and surprised to see a lot of results because i know my topic is a little bit hard to find information on what i am going to be writing about for my paper.

The only difference between the two search engines is that Google Scholar did give me a lot more information than the library database, but the library database did gave me books and magazine results than Google Scholar gave me. Google Scholar gave me good results when it came towards articles. But overall i found very good results using the search engine and the library database, i just hope i will continue to find good information and sources to help me a develop a good research paper.

This entry was posted in Assignments and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.