The Quest For Knowledge

Finally we have reached the point where we get to put all of Badke’s research tips to the test. Badke makes it look simple… not! While attempting to find viable sources for my research question, “What makes cyber bullying so much more damaging to its victims than traditional bullying?”, I discovered the one thing that Badke didn’t mention, a focused question requires focused information to answer. What a bummer! perusing the web and gathering facts on cyber bullying wasn’t cutting it. Of course there are tons of sites that define, give accounts of, and discuss the subject but, that wasn’t helping me with an answer to my question. I resorted to Google Scholar. Even there I had to tweak my search considerably but, a last, I found the diamonds in the ruff. I collected excellent information from the Journal of Adolescent Health and The Educational Review. The information from these two sources steered me in a direction that I didn’t realize I would go. If you don’t know the path then you simply must follow the bread crumbs where ever they led. I also found Yahoo’s advanced search to be quite useful with phrases.