Developing a good research question and topic

It took me a long time to find a topic that i would like to do research on for my research proposal topic project, i didn’t have a clue on what i wanted to write about at the time. We discussed so many things in class but i didn’t know what topic really caught my attention to write about for this project, but one thing that i agreed on was privacy and the invasion of it. As Badke mentioned in his book about brainstorming and good note taking, i started to write things down about privacy and how it is today and are we safe when we search the web. I wanted to write something that interest me outside of class but still relates to the lessons that we discuss in class, so it hit me. I’m thinking about writing about profession sports and the use of steroids, if an athlete is using or taking drugs should this be for the public to know about? And if it is for the public to know isn’t it an invasion of privacy when it comes down to that person’s medical history? I ask myself these questions all the time when i hear about someone using steroids and doing drugs and they decide to let the public know when it should be kept confidential.

When i sat down and thought about these things i thought about how hard it was to come up with a good question to help me develop a topic for my paper but when i read in badke’s book about note-taking and searching the web it really helped me out a lot, sometimes you just have to take time out to analyze things and think hard about it to help you develop a good research question and paper.

This entry was posted in Assignments, Readings and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Developing a good research question and topic

1. Anne Leonard says:

There is another important Act passed by Congress in 1996 that you should be aware of when doing research on this topic: HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It was designed to provide national standards for the protection of electronic personal health information. ~Prof. L.