The Charms of Wikipedia and The Social Media

When i first came across Wikipedia i wanted to look up my favorite wrestler The Rock, his real name of course is Dwayne Johnson. I found out so many interesting facts about him, one of them was where he was from, and second how he got into the wrestling business. While i was reading his autobiography through Wikipedia at the time i was shocked and full of surprises about what i was reading about him. From this day on i always use Wikipedia to look up my favorite actor, actresses, etc, to learn more about that person or anything else for what i would like to know about because i feel that it is a reliable source to find out information on things. Sometimes i ask myself also if it is true information as well because now these days anybody can post up things on the internet about anything, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be true.

In the social media video about behind social networking websites, you can see that networking is very important. I say this because now our days a lot of people are finding jobs by somebody that they know personally, having a good friend, or a family member who is putting in a good word for them to get that job that they want. And as we can see a lot of people are getting hired this way and some don’t, but the people that don’t get hired usually finds work their own way and they make it. Today we even have Facebook and Twitter, two very popular websites that are both very powerful in networking. Even businesses and companies have accounts on both of these websites to connect with people and are asking them to send there resumes. If you haven’t seen a friend since junior high school or high school and you recognize them on the internet by adding them as a friend on Facebook, or following them on twitter, you and that friend both have a connection where you are communicating and socializing on the internet. And of course others can see what you are saying to one another but not if you set your things to private, so no matter what we are doing networking will always be around us but we have to use it in a positive way and connect with it very wisely.

This entry was posted in Assignments, Readings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.