The World Wide Web: Facts or Opinions.

Well would you look at that. Something that sides with my thoughts of the internet today and how it has become a huge source of manipulation. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the internet but as far as research may go and having to use the interenet for information really frustrates me. There are too many websites such as Wiki that allows anyone to basically put in their two cents and change anything to sway towards their opinion.
Social networking however can’t be looked down upon all the time. Yes most of the time it is just jibberish or opinions from the ones who post them but all in all, at least half the world goes to their Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc. to stay up to date with stuff relevant to them. My opinion? The internet has done so much great things for us but the flaws are always going to be there hiding in the shadows of its success.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The World Wide Web: Facts or Opinions.

1. mbottaro says:

Very well written post. Your perspective of the internet and Wikis is very clear and I like that. There’s nothing I hate more than to read something where the person gives two opposite reasons for their opinion of something. You’re absolutely right about social networking as well. The first thing I do when something big happens in the world is go to Facebook to find out what happened instead of doing something reasonable like turning on the news. There are so many different social networking sites to access today it’s almost impossible not to hear the latest news.