Academics

When I first started my scholastic journey at Citytech I did not know what to expect. I knew that I wanted to help people but I was unsure of in what way and what population. Growing up I found myself wanting to be a teacher but as I prepared to exit high school those desires changed into wanting to study law, followed by business administration. In fact, after I graduated high school the first college that I attended, Globe Institute of Technology, I decided to major in Business Management. Needless to say, I only lasted one semester before I applied for CUNY. Once I began the human services major, I knew this was the field that I wanted to grow in professionally. Two internships, and several leading positions relating to children, I decided that the career path that I wanted to follow is to become a guidance counselor for school aged children. Currently where I am employed and conducting my final internship, I provide small group sessions as well as classroom lessons with Elementary School students out of a charter school. Along with the material I have learned, I believe that the experienced gained will assist in molding me to becoming a successful and efficient human services professional.