Public Health

The health of the public is more important than an individual alone. I feel if you can change multiple lives at once instead of just one it will be a grater feat.

• I took field trips with my class to a heart share center where we worked with clients who had minor intellectual disabilities. These clients had the learning capabilities of grade school children.  We explained to them the importance of oral health care at home.  We discussed how to properly take care of their mouth while at home with brushing and flossing.   For the clients who had a denture, i discussed proper denture care for his denture to ensure a healthy mouth. Here are some pictures of me working with them from these trips.

• Another experience I had was working with school children brought into the clinic from a nearby public school.  The children came with their classes and was seen by an assigned operator.  I saw three boys aged 8-9 years old.  I had managed the children well and finished their appointment within 45 minutes.