I will be exploring the mathematical concept of the Golden Ratio in nature, art & design. My plan is to give a brief explanation of this mathematical idea, mention earlier works of art and architecture that employ the Golden Ratio, then move to examples found in nature, the human body etc. After this, I will refer to Grid Systems by Josef Muller Brockman and find ways to relate his ideas to this topic.

In the second section of my presentation, I will spend more time looking at contemporary logo and web page designs using Golden Ratio and at the very end, I will go in depth of how Golden Ratio plays a huge role in National Geographic’s logo, web page, photography and even typography.

Here is my bibliography so far:

Cousins, Carrie. “The Golden Ratio in Design: Examples & Tips.” Design Shack, Design Shack, 24 June 2020, designshack.net/articles/layouts/golden-ratio-in-design/.

“The Golden Ratio in Modern Architecture: Phil Kean Design Group.” Phil Kean Design Group | Distinctive Custom Luxury Residences, 1 Apr. 2020, philkeandesigns.com/blog/golden-ratio-modern-architecture/.

Schneider, Jaron. “See How the Golden Ratio Plays a Huge Role in National Geographic’s Best Photos from 2016.” Resource, 9 Jan. 2017, resourcemagonline.com/2017/01/see-how-the-golden-ratio-plays-a-huge-role-in-national-geographics-best-photos-from-2016/73204/.

Udayan, Thejes. “10 Top UX Design Principles for Mobile Apps & Websites.” Blogs, 18 Aug. 2020, aufaitux.com/blog/ux-design-principles/.

Wells, Chelsea. “Golden Ratio in Art Composition & Design: The Definitive Guide.” Art Ignition, 24 Feb. 2021, artignition.com/golden-ratio-in-art/.