Salome Mindiashvil : Design is a form of visual communication that aims to either educate, inform or inspire people with ideas or actions. A good designer is the one that communicates those ideas in the clearest way possible. It is also highly aesthetic and uses color theory and principles of good layout.

Darriel Bleasdille: One important aspect when speaking about design is the community. Good design is supposed to improve the lifestyle and standard of living of the community; an easier way of communication and living. I believe good design also should shed light on problems around the world and issues within the community. Moreover, it has a duty to help with the advancement of society (from the good old days of riding horses to now having street signs to govern auto vehicle movements). My personal opinion on what makes a good design is as follows: “An unselfish form of communication’’ (for the betterment of society).

Daniel Rodriguez : when it comes to design after taking classes with other student designers we might be given the same product or idea but each person can create a design and speak to them or how they see things.

Jasmine Domena: Language seems to be kind of sexist. In the reading it talked about how by default they used the male figure by default and the female figure would be used to show a person providing a service to the male. This instantly reminded me and I connected it to Spanish language. In Spanish ellos is a group of boys, ellas is a group of girls, but if a group has a mix of boys and girls the default and expected term to use is ellos. This is also similar to the argument of using the term latinex