Ruimel Graham February 18

Advanced technology can help build a better future. Each generations technology is becoming more advanced but some technology can to be build for violence. In the readings, “Filippo Tommaso Marinetti, The Founding and Manifesto of Futurism (1909)”, the author wanted to used advanced technology for mass destruction. On number 9 of the author stated that “9. We want to glorify war – the only cure for the world – militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of the anarchists, the beautiful ideas which kill, and contempt for woman”. Number 10 he also stated that ” We want to demolish museums and libraries, fight morality, feminism and all opportunist and utilitarian cowardice”. To me looks like he want to destroy important places for humans being and create more war.

The readings, Aleksandr Rodchenko, Varvara Stepanova, Aleksei Gan, Who We Are: Manifesto of the Constructivist Group (c. 1922) The author believes that advanced technology could help the world in peace. According to the article, Rodchenko was an a constructor, an assembler, more engineer than artist. Rodchenko collaborated with his wife Varvara Stepanova on some of his projects, One quote that caught my attention, was ” Artists relax with technology ” I can relate to this quote because most graphic designers bring their art work come to life by using technology.

The excerpt, “El Lissitzky, Our Book (1926)” the author explains that El Lissitzky  predicted continuing of the dematerialization of society. Each generations a new technology is develop and becoming more advanced. On the first line of the article, the author said “Every invention in art is a single event in time, has no evolution”. In my thoughts I think he means every invention that was created has its own time period from closer to the next we invention. The invention of phone, television, computer, and radio is occurring in our society as we speak and can be considered as dematerialization.