The Hybrid Class is a new development at City Tech. Therefore, it will be a new experience for most of us. We will use the knowledge and experience gained through the past 18 months, and will continue to seek out new methods for optimizing the ever-evolving classroom.
This page offers a few tips and some basic information. Any additional suggestions you may have are very welcome and encouraged.
Logging in to ZOOM Meetings…
The meeting ID for our weekly class session is: 886 5561 0039
You can also join by clicking this LINK.
Remember that the four letter passcode is the same as the four letter abbreviation for COMmunication Design, all in caps.
It is your responsibility to log in at the correct time. Please set a calendar reminder for yourself. (Zoom does not automatically do this.)
Attending In-Person Meetings…
We will meet in room P-114.
If you enter the main City Tech building complex from the entrance at 259 Adams, look for the double doors on your left to enter the COMD wing, where you will find our classroom.
Be sure to review and submit all necessary forms for returning to campus well in advance of our first meeting.
Guidelines for returning to campus can be found HERE.
We will continue to follow CDC guidelines. Expect to wear a mask and maintain social distance, even if you’re vaccinated, whenever indoors.
Additional ZOOM Tips and Guideline…
– Restarting your device and closing other applications greatly improves performance
– Headphones or earpieces limit background noise and help to maintain focus
– You can Unmute yourself by holding the Space Bar as you speak
– Please chime in during class by speaking up, raising your hand, or typing in the Chat window
– Virtual backgrounds are a nice way to clean your room
– Get situated, expect class to run for the full 2-1/2 hours…
– …but find a “classroom-esque” spot to maximize attention span
– Try to keep mics muted when you’re not speaking
– Try to keep cameras on
– Chime in, participate in conversations, make your voice heard
– Be ready for breakout sessions and other participatory activities