P1300175
Invisible Man

For this assignment, we had to recreate our favorite pictures from Gordon Parks. The image I chose to recreate by Gordon Park is 

“The Invisible Man”. I chose to recreate this picture because I liked how the subject sort of sinks into the ground and there is nothing else in the frame. The man truly becomes invisible as he goes into the manhole.

I recreate this picture by using a figure drawing mannequin and cutting out a circle into a piece of paper to simulate the manhole. I used the circle that was cut out as the manhole cover. I thought it would be interesting to use a mannequin to recreate this picture because it doesn’t have any physical feature but it does have a humanoid form and I think it gives new meaning to the title of “Invisible Man”

Parks- Self-Portrait-WSS
P1300185

The second photo I chose to recreate is a self-portrait of Gordon Parks himself. I chose to recreate this photo because I liked the lighting of the shot and I believe every photographer must have a cool self-portrait. I wanted to see if I could take a good self-portrait like Gordon Parks. I tried to take the picture in the mirror but this ended up flipping the image and I couldn’t quite get the light to match Gordon Park’s picture.