Writing Process BP4

I’ve always struggled in my writing process. I continuously question my style and intelligence levels. I’ve realized writing is all about “the zoom” – meaning getting into the mentality to sit down and commit to the work. I’m not the same writer I was 5 weeks ago, primarily because 5 weeks ago I wasn’t writing nearly as much as I do now. Production of text, at long last I understand the importance of this. I had this mindset before: don’t write unless you have something good to bring to the table, no longer do I feel this way. Just write Ariel, write and the good stuff will flow. I still feel a little held back in my writing, I’m not sure what’s holding me back? I’m eager break down those walls and let it fall into something beautiful. I want my audiences to feel the soul in my words; I want to make that connect. I’m still figuring out how to do this, I know it’ll come. It’s coming. Readability, relate-ability – it’s so important.

Something I’ve discovered, good music while I write is key. Good tunes and a safe, clean, clear environment. I’ve scouted out a few spots and have discovered a couple hidden gems within my neighborhood.

The most important thing is I’m once again inspired to write. I lost it there for a long while, coming back to it now I realize how much I’ve grown. The limitations are prevalent though. My inherent eagerness to be “proactive” and “real” is a real block – I should let that go. Who cares if my style varies, isn’t that what it means to be a good writer? I just want to be clear in direction, which I need help with. I’m going to bring intensity this semester, and heat.

Bring the rain, bring the tears, bring the glory.