Blog Post 1 (Blog Rant Introductions)

I think it’s safe to assume that blog writing is primarily subjective. Actually, Google’s definition of “blog” is: a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style– so yeah, subjective for sure. In terms of technical communication I don’t think it’s the healthiest form of writing to be exhibiting but I suppose it’s a good way to get ones free flowing ideas moving without fear of judgment (given you have a basic understating of sentence structure and English composition.) I’m going to go out on a limb and say that blogging should be consistent in it’s material, for example, if I’m writing a cooking blog, it’s probably not such a good idea to throw in a random blurb about social change in the middle east. Keeping up your content and being specific in your content = recipe for healthy blog writing.

I have another thought about this; I imagine blog writing should be quite expressive, considering it’s meant to be a creative way to post content about things you enjoy. The word is stylized, what is your style of writing in terms of free moving ideas? Now that I’m making the correlation perhaps “rant writing” is more prevalent to technical communication then I initially thought. HAH! Free flowing ideas, another form of therapy, AKA pushing your mental stream to places it wouldn’t have gone otherwise.

So yeah, my style of casual writing (blogging) is pretty loose. I like to be as relatable as possible, I constantly ask myself how to maintain a certain level readability and I always come back to the same answer; be clever, honest, and add distinctive levels of quirk (to anything that’s not for a professional audience.) I hope that’s what all my informal writing will amount to. Self-realizations through awkward babble– 100% in my wheelhouse!