Iyat Abdelfattah Photoville hw2

Photoville was such a great time and experience. I took my sister along with me and she also enjoyed it. Entering the area I was shocked to see that they turned trailers in to little photo exhibits. The Azraq film school trailer really caught my attention. Since i am middle eastern myself it was nice to see photos that depicted my culture and life for some people right now that most don’t see everyday. Entering the trailer is like entering someones home and you got the feeling of how people lived in different parts of the world.  The first image caught my attention its a photo that they made that its like your looking out the window. The image was an eye opener because its not like your looking at something that would make you happy every morning. It was a home that looked like it was bombed. It shows the rubble and after math of the horrible event.

The second image felt a little homie to me. The grandmother …which i like to believe she is for the fact that she has these arabic/middle-eastern cookies in this plate that is a traditional cookie made on holidays or special occasions. Its something you will always remember your grandmother making.  Even though her living conditions are not a good one she still is thankful and i like to believe happy enough to make a celebratory cookie to probably show good middle-eastern hospitality.

The last image is painting and it was a great representation of people wanting freedom. The person depicted a young person looking through a whole or maybe made it to see anther side of life. Showing who’s really being affected by war.

Iyat Abdelfattah