Axel Mendoza Photoville HW#2

Photoville was an experience like no other, something a bit different for the public to attend. Located in Brooklyn Bridge Park in Dumbo, right beneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Dumbo is transformed into an annual photo festival, showcasing hundreds of amazing photographers. They used shipping containers to display every photographers work. Some of the containers were theme decorated, including music from around the world. This was my first time attending this exhibition, even though I only went there for a few hours it was an incredible experience. So many containers to visit, which I didn’t finish checking them all out under two hours, would have liked to know about it years back. This is their seventh consecutive year presenting numerous photographers with different styles. Each of them showing a meaning and theme through their photos. I’ll definitely won’t miss it next year, they had a beer garden and food vendors which I had no idea about.

These photos captured my eyes due to the color pattern. Both pictures have bright and bold colors that are hard to miss. One contains circles, while the other has stripe patterns. Photo one shows two types of color circle patterns. one been a blue dress with white circles laying down on a pattern floor with multiple color circles. The second photo, can be easy spotted by RGB colors. Perhaps the clothing they wear are costumes for a traditional dance ritual.

Photo 1

Photo 2