Emmanuel DeWalt- Homework 2 Photoville

Photoville is an event that presents work from different photographers in 90 different photography exhibition and outdoor installations. There are visuals both challenging and entertaining all from a diverse group of people that way you get a different feel from each photo exhibition. I had a great experience because this was my very first time going to a photography exhibition and my view of photography was changed. Usually you would just take a picture and maybe find one meaning but this exhibition had photos where there was more than one meaning which made the photos 100 times more interesting. Three photos in particular caught my eye because if their composition, color and exposure.

Photo 1

In this photo where it’s respective exhibition was made took look specifically at the focus of the photo, I really think this photo captured that design. I was interested because the focus on the middle subject a mysterious look almost like you are wondering what it is and what is it going to do. The field of snow gives the photo a nice surrounding.

Photo 2

This was the very first photo that caught my eye because I feel like a different color light gives off a certain emotion and feel to the area. This photo uses a red light and the smoke that gives off a nice nightlife feeling. You might see it as club hours around 9 or 10 o clock. The subject face in the photo is engulfed in the smoke making you curious about who he is.

Photo 3

I have always liked the technique of using long exposures and this photo from the Korean exhibition really takes the cake. It was said that this was the President of Korea where she started to lose face and the long exposure really captures that. It’s like she is split into two and her face is not visible. You can say it’s like she has a split personality and the way she used to be is still there but is starting to ve taken over by other feeling.