App Reviews

Bamboo Paper

unnamed

This app is created for drawing and writing experience which is available on  Android tablets and lets you easily exchange your notebooks between Bamboo Paper on other mobile platforms without any loss of quality or ability to edit.

This is a good app for hand writing and sketching. Since I’m always on the go and am so used to writing everything down on paper, this becomes like a digital notebook for me. I literally write on everything that is close by when needed, whether it be a napkin, back of a receipt, envelopes etc., then stack them in my bag. So this app takes the clutter away. The design is beautiful and simple at the same. It’s really easy and comfortable. The only issue I seem to have is that not all controls move into landscape with the rotation of the screen and very occasionally the input doesn’t register without rebooting the app.

Lightroom Mobile

lightroom-mobile-icon-100261960-large

Lightroom mobile is a companion to Adobe’s popular photo editor, offering many of the tools like the software program itself,  while neatly sidestepping the issue of handling large RAW files. It also works with the Adobe cloud service, so you can get photos from your adobe collection on your phone or just edit photos from your regular photo gallery on your phone. As a photographer, this app is great to have, it works just like software and I don’t have to be in front the computer to edit images.

The app design is easy to read, and understand. It relates to the software itself, in terms of design, with all the tenets of modern “flat” design on display. The photos sit cleanly against a dark grey background, and controls are indicated by text, clearly legible.

The only downfall to this app is that it doesn’t have access to  the more advanced features like HSL, curves, sharpening, and noise reduction, and other local adjustments. However the App makes it easier to work on the go.

Creativity is inspiring