Progress Entry 3

Progress Entry 3

12-9-20

The Editing Process

At the end of October, I finished the film my reshoot for the interview. Even though it didn’t 100% as I planned. My audio and shots were still good. Now here comes the hard part, putting it all together. Three weeks had passed before I even touched Adobe Premiere. I had a fear that what I plan to documentary to look like was going to come out horrible. Ridiculous right?, Yes. The before Thanksgiving, I had to finally sit down and finally start editing something. Time was ticking and your fears will prevent you from graduating. So I started editing the interview.

I had a meeting with Prof. Ryoya a couple of days later to show him what I’ve done. My problem now was that I had too much material. I had at least 20 minutes of material to make into a 10-minute documentary. I had to fit her story in while also telling my story. Ryoya gave me the advice to get to the point. He suggests that I add a monologue in the beginning to shorten her story, which I took.

About a week later I was almost finished with my rough cut. As I showed it to different people, I realized I wasn’t getting the response I wanted. Most of the critics were the direction of the story. I tend to had to explain the story after they watched rather than them getting the story out of the documentary. It was back to the drawing board.