Lombardi’s

I think the concept of  Lombardi’s being the first pizzeria in America is great.This place has a lot of history being right in the middle of little Italy.  While i was sitting there waiting for the class to arrive i noticed a lot of tourist looking for the pizzeria and taking pictures in front of the pizzeria. With that said, being born and raised in New York Lombardi’s is not a place where i would recommended the best pizza in NYC is. i feel as if you want the experience of going to America’s first pizzeria than this is where you need to go, but for taste wise it is not.  it was very cool that they still use the traditional coal oven. The thinness of the crust was just right but to me the crust had a salty taste to it. The tomato sauce had a bit of sweetness to it that was kind of over baring. On a good note i think the amount a mozzarella cheese and fresh basil that was on the magherita pizza was perfect

2 thoughts on “Lombardi’s

1. Cei Kar Ng Wu

I believe that most people that visits Pizzeria Lombardi’s just goes there for the experience of being or eating on the first pizzeria opened in New York/United States. This place meant a lot for Italians living on Little Italy back then because that is where their American roots started to grow. However, Lombardi is now one of the most popular spots for tourist to eat pizza or we can say New Yorker’s pizza.
    Lombardi’s pizza is not really one of the best pizza I have ever had but it does have a nice-thin crust on it but a little bit too salty. I think that they added more salt than normal so that the crust could add more flavor to the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
    This is a location that I would visit if my goal is to highlight how Italian cuisine started in New York.

2. Daniel Vega

While Lombardi is a New York staple, I was extremely underwhelmed. The coal oven was impressive, especially since now in days those kind of ovens are illegal to have. Respectfully, Lombardi does have a lot of history, but because of the way of the land, it has turn into a glorified tourist trap, focusing more on table turnovers than artisan pizzas. Still, it makes for a good photo op to show that you sat in the legendary Lombardi’s Pizza.