Rehman Chaudhary’s Chelsea Market

fc758121ce3c14e4f5abef74706be5fc_400x400

Chelsea market established in a old historic building located in Manhattan near hudson river at 75st & 9th Ave, New York, NY 10011. Chelsea market building is a food hall, shopping market, office building and television production. This kind of combination makes it unique and we decided to visit this historic place which is still as alive as it was in past.

It was going to be a field trip but for me it was more than that. I had a lot of questions in mind, I wondered if everything I heard or read is correct about Chelsea? How they manage such vast place? Do vendors and other businesses get the business or traffic they expect in such a busy city? Does it have those memories still preserved which will literally take you back in time? etc.

12bfdaf866f2825c267c95640956d45b  We had to meet at Chelsea at sharp 9 am, I was there at 7 am so I can just walk around the place. When I entered the building I saw a tiny shop. I bought a red bull and a cookie. Which costed me around $6.50, I compared those prices to Brooklyn where I live they were around 25% higher. I understood that it was bit costly because of the location.

fast-paced-640x428

I started walking around and noticed how many people are entering in the building, It felt like time square to me even at 7 am in a market!. This made me sure about the fact businesses do get a lot of traffic here. At 9 am I met my crew and then we started our official visit.

We then visited some meat shops, other grocery stores and etc. I also noticed that people who are part of this amazing place are so hospitable and professional. They were not just anyone you meet in a store. They provided us with some details about, How they do their job and answered all of our questions.

156

chelsea-market-markten-in-new-york-3(p-location,1084)(c-0)

ChelseaMarketBaskets_V2_460x285

Then we went to the Chelsea market highline, It is one of the most famous hotspot’s in Manhattan. It’s a long walk and it worths it. You can see most famous places from there in Manhattan. They were still renovating the highline to make it more attractive for visitors. After we finished the visit, I promised my self that I will visit this place again.3692427372_0f596c0f45_b

highline3

Thank You for taking the time to read – Rehman Chaudhary