Rehman Chaudhary’s Smorgasburg Blog

summer_ny_01_smorgasburg

Smorgasburg is a open market event, which takes place in different part of the cities mostly on weekends. In the event many food vendors takes part in it and show their food expertise. Smorgasburg event mostly serves thousands of visitor’s on weekends. It’s a large scale market event.

JvP_092714_0497_print  smorgasburg-072911-ny-460

I visited this event on 17 April, 2016. I was astonished by the scale of the event itself and the options I had to choose from. I walked around for some time trying to explore more of the area. People who were serving were energetic and confident and that’s a good thing. What made it more attractive and fun was the location and weather itself.

DV1604H_beef-short-ribs-recipe-2_s4x3

I smelled BBQ, I looked around and there I saw one of the vendor’s Carnal were selling BBQ smoked short ribs which costed around $12 dollars. I think it was a bit pricey. There was a line I had to wait for my turn, it didn’t took that long. They prepared it very nicely and that BBQ smell was so catchy though. I was not sure if it worth the money I just invested on it but the first bite changed my opinion. Now I also wanted to try at least one more thing and was really curious for next surprise.

“A recipe has no soul, as a cook you must bring the soul to the recipe” – Thomas Keller

Now I understood the meaning of this quote I read the other day.

o

I always heard of people talking about taco’s but I never tried it before. I know it’s weird. That moment of glory was right in front of me when I saw Takumi Taco Stand. Again, I had to wait for my turn but I knew that I will get my first taco today. I was not worried about the cost this time, it costed around $5-6 dollars which made me extra happy. After having the first bite with my Pepsi soda, I don’t know if it’s a right combination. I had the same feeling like Neil Armstrong had when he took the first step on the moon. Taco overall was really good and I like the taste and the combination.

I think overall Smorgasburg event really worth a try and the atmosphere is always so welcoming and energetic.

“Eating is a necessity but cooking is an art”

Thank you for reading my blog.

Print this page