My company is called Hashtag Lifestyle.  It is a company located on the lower east side of Manhattan, founded by Monica Dimperio.  It is based on digital and social media strategy. Monica works with established and upcoming brands to create strategies and content for their social media that will grow their following as well as give them an identity in this new digital world.

I searched on many sites including, internship.com, indeed,  and google, while searching for an internship. When I came across this company’s post there was an email where you can send your resume to for consideration.  I had gotten a reply in about a week to schedule an in person interview as well as send in my portfolio.  Unfortunately because of the holiday demands, Monica was out of town for clients and busy with finishing requests, so my interview was canceled. I lost touch with her for a few weeks but was able to follow up and reschedule. We finally had an in person interview and I began my internship on January 5, 2018.

I was told my tasks were going to vary occasionally based on the current project or client that is current at the company.  Overall, I was to help with photo research and gallery building for clients, creating mock ups for strategy building, and also helping with designing the new company website, social media, and news letter.