First day, let’s get down to business.

I didn’t know what to expect on the first. I got a vague email from HR coordinator informing me to go in at 11 am and because it was Monday I was to dress “elevated casual” meaning you can wear jeans (no rips) and no running sneakers. Other than that, nothing else was said so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

When I go in, I finally got to meet the HR coordinator, Jessica, who I had only spoke on the phone or email before. She was going to be the one in charge of giving me an orientation. First, she showed me around the office and then we sat in a conference room where she showed me presentations on the company’s values, dress code, etc. She explains that every day there are different “dress codes.” On the days I work I was to dress elevated casual (Mondays) and business casual(Thursday.) I enjoyed this as I was scared I had to dress in suits/super professional when I was to go to work every day. She ended the orientation by letting me know my direct supervisors would be the two graphic designers I interview with, Yan and Corinne, but she would be the one to take care of my time sheet so that they can focus on another aspect of my internship.

After sitting down with the IT manager, Christian, he walked me through the process of setting up my workspace. I was giving a laptop and a big display monitor to work with. Also, lots of digital set up. I gain access to my personal work email, slack, Dropbox and adobe creative cloud. One thing I never heard about was this website called Asana, this was where I would be getting all my creative tasks.

Then it was official the start of my internship! I noticed right away that the primary application used for most of the projects giving is Photoshop. It is not my strongest one so I hope I can learn more about it. I was then given my first tasks. Yan and Corinne were really friendly and said I can take my time with it and if I had any question to ask them. I was to crop and retouch photos to specific dimensions to be used for the website. To be honest, these tasks were very simple so all I was freaking out a bit, thinking “Is this all?” But I had hoped that I would gradually get more responsibilities as the internship progressed.