Museum of the City of New York.

Today me and my class went on a field trip to the museum of the city of New York. Some of us went into different exhibits while some others went by themselves to some others.

One of the first things that caught my eye when I went up to the third floor of the museum was the display of populations by race in New York back then. I love learning about different kinds of lore including a lot of lore of New York City and what it was like years ago. The exhibit was called WHO WE ARE: Visualizing New York City by the numbers and it showed interesting visuals, high amounts of data and keys about the inhabitants of New Yorkers. I found this interesting because even back then, there were a lot of people who came from around the world to live in New York such as Asians, Africans, etc. I like to compare back then to now of how we have a big variety in race living in New York.

museum
Intro to the Exhibit

museum

There was an exhibit that also caught my eye when I went to the second floor. The exhibit was mainly about women’s suffrage and which women back in the 1900s couldn’t really do much things or couldn’t afford many things. These were the events that led to each fight after fight in the Civil Rights movement. Causing strikes and chaos in the streets of New York, this was all to lift segregation and make every one including the women equal and have well paying jobs  other rights.

women's suuferage

women suufeerage
“The Crisis” from the 1960