Courage

anigif_optimized-30699-1427479705-5

I have been thinking to myself for a while now if I should go up to my supervisor and ask him if there are any open positions available to stay working for him as a graphic designer. In my head I was thinking, “Would I come off too strong?” or,”Am I too forward? I spoke to my sister for advice and she told me to be confident. That I will not get anything in life if I do not ask for things. I took her advice into consideration. I was babbling with my self on how to ease my way in and bring up the subject.

Turns out my supervisor watches NBA Basketball. The current application that I am working on is a non profit basketball organization sponsored by the Knicks. I brought up the topic about an old friend of mine that owns a non profit basketball organization for kids. He asked me to come into contact with him to see if he would be interested in an application. In response I said, “Yea I can definitely seek out to him and ask him to see if he is interested.” Right away I knew I was giving him a connection with another company. This was my time to ask.

I asked him how big was his company and if he was in need for any graphic designers now. He responded very politely and said,”We do not need any graphic designers now, but in the future we definitely will. I was a little bummed out that there aren’t any open slots now but for the future I have hope. He also said that he will definitely give me a call when he needs a graphic designer. This brought joy to me instantaneously. I was excited that there is an opportunity in the future with working for New York App Designers.