Week 2 – Tough love

This is the second class and I have my updated resume and cover letter printed, ready to show the professor. Not the best reaction I expected but definitely the advice I needed. What I thought was a well designed resume was a bit over designed, I guess I got carried away huh. The professor was very straight forward and told me it was to distracting although it had very useful elements. She also stated that my cover letter did not match the exact design of my resume. It also still had to be more personal towards a company I would like to intern for. She even used my work as an example of what not to do. She crossed out things I should remove and rearrange. In this field you have to learn to take criticism and use it to motivate you, make something better, and keep on making it better. All her advice was very helpful and gave my a clear direction on what I had to do. She stated to also apply for internships but I didn’t feel like being denied again until I finish editing my portfolio, resume and cover letter. I redesigned it and I even took a couple to the work center on the first floor so they can review it as well, as of now I wait for an appointment. Here is the before…