Journal Entries 4: The Hard Worker

Afterward, the next couple of weeks of my internship mostly consist of manual labor with a continuation of graphic design project on the side. I was 100% okay with all kind of projects. Like I mention before, it was a busy week due to Fashion Week. There’s was event that is happening near Chelsea. It’s a show by Jasmine Chong for her presentation of S/S 17 Womenswear Collection during New York Fashion Week.

img_7903For this event, I was instructed to attend as a volunteer to help set up before the start of the show. However, there was a miscommunication of where I was suppose to be. By the time I reach to the show location, I was told that they need me back at the office. So I headed back to the office as I was told. By the time I got back to the office, I found a note on the door that was left by the creative director. Informing me that he left the office already. The show was a success.

(Note: I did not design this)

image-1

The next show was in the same week but it was happening during the weekend. It’s a fashion/jewelry convention located at the Javits Center, representing Fairchild Baldwin. For this event, I have to help transport equipment to the Javits center such as rack, jewelry, tables, etc with my supervisor. It was a two man job. So at the end of the event, my supervisor and I had to take everything back down and transport it back to the office. It was pretty interesting experience since I’ve never done any set up for a specific events before. I do enjoy these kind of things although sweating is a must.