Journal Entries 2: The Start

img_7901

Succarra Media Group is a fashion PR and Sales agency that started their roots in New York City. Founded in 2006. Their current office location is at 152 W.36st in Manhattan. Eventually they expanded their showroom in Los Angeles, Dallas and Atlanta. They specialize mainly in jewelry and lifestyle. They have many clients that they partnered with such as Brenda Grands, Cara Cotter, From ST Xavier, Fairchild Baldwin, etc. In fact they recently showcased Fairchild Baldwin jewelry during an event at the Javits Center. Succarra Media Group main purpose is to help brand designer to stand on their own in the fashion industry world by helping them increase sales and expanding the brand images through the use of social media and editorial media exposure. They also bring in celebrities for product placement technique in order to promote the brand more effectively to the public.

I began my internship with them on September 8, 2016. I came in during a busy time period known as New York Fashion Week. I work as their fashion graphic designer. I’ll be working closely with the creative director, Justin Mills along with other teams in the New York showroom office. The main goal is to assist on day to day development on all creative material that I’m being assigned too.

So for my first day, I have met the teams in the New York office. At this moment, I have yet met the creative director due to his busy schedule. Which is understandable since there was a lot going on in the office, due to the fact that it’s Fashion Week.