Journal Entries 1: The Search

pexels-photo-67112

Photo Credits to Caio (Source: pexels.com)

Searching for an internships isn’t easy. Especially when you know you haven’t gotten too much experiences in the work field. Company probably want a candidate that has the skills and experience and I was not one of them. So I was afraid that no one will hired me. Knowing that I will be taking Internship in the Fall semester, I told myself to start looking around mid July. Unfortunately, I didn’t stick to my words. Next thing you know, it’s August already. So that’s when I started looking for internships. My friend who recently graduated told me to go onto internships.com to find one. So I started building my profile on the site. Besides internships.com, I also created a LinkedIn account and began my search there as well.

Once I have my resume up on the website, I began looking for internship. Going from Graphic Design intern to Photography Intern. Applying paid and unpaid internships. I didn’t have a specific company that I wanted to work for. At this point, I’ll be happy with any company that is willing to give me a chance. I have applied to Michael Kors, David Monn LLC, GlossyBox, Donna Karan Company, and many more. Big and small company. By the time it was toward the end of August, I haven’t heard back from any company that is willing to talk to me other than the fact that I’ve been rejected. So I started the internship class without having any internship.

As soon as it hit September, I have received my very first email from one of the internship I applied too; which is Succarra Media Group. It is a Fashion PR company that deals with major jewelry company. I was informed that they want to schedule an quick phone interview with me and I happily accepted the request. The phone interview lasted for a good 30 minutes. The person on the other end offered me the position and I accepted it on the spot. Not long after I accepted the offer, I received another interview from a company called David Monn LLC, who want to schedule for a in person interview. However, I have already accepted the offer from Succarra Media Group. At this moment, I was confuse on what I should do. I really wanted to work for David Monn LLC because the work I will be doing for them will help built up my portfolio. Since I already accepted offer from Succarra, I didn’t really want to break my promise to them at the last minute because my interview for David Monn LLC is the day before I start my intern with Succarra. I was in a tough situation because I didn’t really want to burn any bridges with Succarra if I do end up getting the position with David Monn LLC. So at the end, I kept my offer with Succarra Media Group and now I’m interning with them as their Fashion Graphic Design.