Welcome James Levin

28320ed

James Levin is a career coach that help guide college graduate in searching for entry level job in the work force. He has provided some important tips when it come to finding a job in our field. Resume is very important. Sending it out is easy but having your resume to be look at is the challenging part. Levin has shown that people usually toss away a resume within the few second they saw it. It’s either because the resume is not compelling enough that they want to keep reading or the resume isn’t highlighting any key points that the company is looking for. Company will not waste their time in looking at a resume if it’s doesn’t qualify the requirement. If that’s the case, the resume will goes into the trash (paper resume).
For our major, portfolio is important! Levin mention that there’s not excuse in not having a portfolio ready. Using the excuse of “I don’t have time” is unacceptable. He mention that our portfolio doesn’t have to contain ALL your work. It’s best to display a couple of your BEST one in the beginning of the portfolio either on a website or PDF file.
He also mention the 6 words we should live by when were at the work field. The 6 word is “I Don’t Know” and “I’ll Find Out”. The 6 words basically means that, we should never ever tell our boss or anyone that you don’t know how to do a certain things. Instead, tell them you will find out. This way we can show our boss that we’re willing to learn new things; and not give up the idea because we just don’t know how to do it.

With the insight he has and the advice he has given to us, I believe that it will enhance my ability in job searching in the future. Landing a job that I will love for the rest of my life.