My name is Kiara Lynn Camacho and I am a sophomore at the New York City College of Technology. Let me start off by saying that I have no art background, and yet some of you may be wondering what am I doing as a Communication Design major. I believe that you don’t always need a specific background in order to study something, I mean we have Donald Trump as a president right now. However, I have real life experiences and I want to do something about it, I want to show it and I want to design it.
What is there to say about me? Well I could start off by saying I idolize Chip Kidd’s way of designing because well there’s no specific style he just puts it all together. When I design, I love manipulating shapes and putting them into different images. I love food and animals and I tend to steer off topic sometimes and just ramble on. Lately I’ve been getting into photography and I’m really learning how to use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign so if you’re reading this and have any tips for someone like me let me know.