City Tech Useful Skills

I’ve gained a lot of skills from Citytech that have applied to this internship. Everything that I’ve learned at school has applied. The job also has taught me many things that school hasn’t taught me who is great. The Illustrator and Photoshop skills have helped me the most at my current job. At the job we mainly use those two programs. The job is very heavily in Illustrator. Vectors are very important because the job has design many logos that go with the mechanics of the stadium and all of the banners. The photoshop stuff is used for mockups and certain banners which use players and certain effects we need.

Alignment, color theory, scale, and placement all are very important in design. They also apply to this job. It is so important for everything to be well placed and balanced. Everything must also be extremely consistent when it comes to a couple of things. Especially mechanics and banners that are in the family of each other and are corresponding. Mechanics are graphics that are put in the stadium, mostly all are vectors and sponsor logos. Most of the graphics are already done in photoshop. It’s my job to move things around and scale it, or resize the entire thing and make a new layout. We must know how masks work and how to manipulate the image. We also have to cut out a lot of players.