Final Exam Procedure

Hey everyone, I’ve sent an email on the final exam procedures, but I’m posting it here too since it’s important.  There is a FAQ posted the files section.  These were produced by the department.  Please read through that and ask me any additional questions you have.

Your login and password, as well as the link to the Final Exam WebWork site (which is not the same as our homework site) will be emailed to you.  The email address will be whichever email you have on CUNYFIRST.  I have no control over this and I also do not know your login and password.  The only way you can get into it is by accessing your email that is on CUNYFIRST.  MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE EMAIL IN YOUR CUNYFIRST FILE.

The final exam will open on Thursday, 5/21/2020 at 12:00am and close Friday, 5/22/2020 at 11:59pm.  You are allowed 2 attempts at submitting the same exam, and 2 exams within the 48-hour period.  There is a 24-hour waiting period between exams.  This means if you plan on taking the exam twice, your first attempt should be on Thursday 5/21.

For grading, I’ve decided on making WebWork worth 25% and the written work worth 75%, with no oral conference.

FINAL EXAM RULES

The final exam must be taken on WebWork, with the written work uploaded to your Dropbox folder within 2.5 hours of your start time.  Late submissions will result in points lost at a rate of 10 points per hour on the written portion.

For the exam submissions, they must be 1 PROBLEM PER PAGE, with your full name, date, and student ID on top of EACH PAGE.  Submissions must be 1 single .pdf file with problems listed in number order.  Make sure your writing is clear.  You may rewrite your problems after your exam is done, but keep in mind that if your submission is late, you will get points deducted.

Submissions must be named with your full name, last name first. Please do not put any dots, commas, underscores or anything else in between your names.  Only 1 space please.  Please also indicate which attempt the submission is for, 1 or 2.  If you only attempt the final exam once (which I do not recommend), you don’t have to put a number after your name.

For example, if King Dedede takes the final, he will submit his written work as Dedede King.pdf.

Another example, if Zan Partizanne takes the final, she will submit her written work as Partizanne Zan.pdf.

If you attempt the exam twice, you must submit the written work for each exam.  Meta Knight will submit his work as Knight Meta 1.pdf and Knight Meta 2.pdf.

Failure to follow these rules will result in points deducted.

5 thoughts on “Final Exam Procedure”

1. professor so just to be clear, you are grading all of our exams on webwork as 25% and the written work submissions as 75%. This is the same for the final well?

2. professor so just to be clear, you are grading all of our exams on webwork as 25% and the written work submissions as 75%. This is the same for the final well?

3. professor so just to be clear, you are grading all of our exams on webwork as 25% and the written work submissions as 75%. This is the same for the final well?

1. Haha no problem. The 3rd exam is Webwork 30%, Written 35%, Oral 35%. Final exam will be 25% Webwork and 75% Written. No oral component for the final.