I am a recently NY licensed registered nurse working in a nursing home here in Brooklyn. I chose nursing because growing up I’ve experienced both negative and positive experiences from the healthcare system. When my family members were treated poorly, I felt something needed to change; therefore I became a nurse to make a difference from within. As a patient, I’ve experienced that caring nature of a nurse, and I hope to pass on that quality of care and empathy that was given to me by advocating for my patients needs.

During my career I have expanded on my individual strengths through communication and great patient relations. Before nursing I was well aware of my personal shortcomings, however I also knew I had potential to grow from them. I am proud to say I’ve become someone who is a great team player with good conflict resolution skills. Communication to me is incredibly invaluable to my personal life as well as my professional interactions; patients need to feel they can trust their nurse in order to disclose their priorities and concerns, as a major role of nursing is to become advocates. My colleagues and I have great relationships where we can trust and depend on each other, and through our interactions including conflicts; we have built stronger relationships. I strive to continue contributing in my profession as a transformational leader, setting an example for myself and others with nursing core values such as integrity and lifelong learning.