What I’m Learning

Image:https://jooinn.com/images/light-bulb-ideas.jpg

I love making illustrations & at this company I’m learning how to make my illustrations up to industry standards. After being at this company I learned theirs a lot that I need to work on, but I’m glad for this experience it’s helping me grow a lot. Something else I’m learning at this company is what goes in to the start up of a company. The company is new and there’s a lot of different things that need to be done to get this company moving. They do a lot of different things like competitor research, participating in networking events, forming strategic partnerships, figuring how to increase customer retention, budget plans etc. For a company that started out during a pandemic I feel they made great progress with their business and are growing fast.

Another big topic I’m learning about is business etiquette. It’s not something that I use to put much thought into but after taking this course I realized the importance. Every week in this class we learn how to be more professional in a work setting. My supervisor told me part of the reason I gained my internship was because she felt I was the most professional out of everyone she interviewed. The way I carried myself in that interview was because of all the things I learned in class like how to dress, what to say & what not to say, & show confidence when you’re speaking. All of these helped me a lot during all the interviews I’ve had & I will continue to use these techniques.