My Responsibilities

Image: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/globe-arrows-13931614.jpg

I’m responsible for designing content for their social media accounts. My weekly task consists of making a couple of social media post & Instagram stories. I also get project like making clothes and mascots. My supervisor is the Art director for this company, anything that deals with design is ran by her, and then must be approved by another co-worker that’s good with graphic design and gives good insights and ideas about what to do next. The reason I chose this internship is because I was looking for an illustration position and this seemed like the perfect fit. I know most company’s have a certain style that they use & this company seemed like they fit my style of work. I also like fashion which is something that the job mentioned I would learn because they make a lot of clothes, so that made them standout to me.

I found this company on Indeed, it didn’t take long for the company to say they wanted to interview me. Since my supervisor lives in Madrid, we had an interview on Google Meets. I had one interview with just my supervisor, she didn’t ask to many questions. The first question she asked was what was I expecting to get from this internship, I said I feel like this company will give me the real-world experience I’m looking for and teach me some new things on the way. She also asked what inspires my illustration, I said what’s around me, I live in New York their inspiration all over the place you just have to find it. The last question was where my school is located, I said Brooklyn. This experience was a little weird because I was ready for a lot more questions but that was the end of the interview. About a week after I received a job offer to work at the company as a social media intern.