Mentors & Role Models

Images: https://clipartspub.com/images/mentoring-clipart-illustration-6.jpg

Mentors are important because they can help you grow a professional network by connecting you to others. Mentors serve as coaches that can help you during times of transition which is something I’m going through right now being a senior. It’s almost time for me to go into the real-world work field & my supervisor Is showing how to make it as smooth as it can be. I would say my supervisor is my role model at this company for a few reasons. I never really had a process for designing but after watching her process I realized how important it is to have one. Having a process will focus you & tell you what will be needed to make your designs better. Also, a process keeps you consistent and will help you meet the deadlines for projects which is important especially when you’re working for a company. She’s also a team player, she always makes sure were connected & helps on parts of the project where we are slacking. She’s also very creative when it comes to the concepts for the company, she’s very imaginative and applies that to her work. I feel I’m learning a lot from her & I’m glad that I chose this internship over the others.