Well, I’m officially a VRR Intern. This feels kinda new, given the fact that everything is remote now and no can see if I slack off or not. But that’s the intern life in your 20’s. I was excited to start a project and hopefully grow more as a designer. I was given a friendly good morning text from our supervisor under a group text so already a good start. Feels like we’re all in this together. She asked to look at our email to sign a NDA, and send a photo of ourselves for the website. I don’t have any “professional” photos of myself given I’m a millennial in a generation of dog filters and meme culture. I had one decent one taken by my best friend so I sent that. She didn’t say anything about it so I guess I was approved. The supervisor asked if I could do a new intro for their show, Beyond My Crisis, with multiple photos flying around and being place in one place after. Already I felt pressure to do one task that I’m sure most of the interns can do. I said yes and began to start. She wanted the intro to feel like The Ellen Show so watched the latest intros from The Ellen Show. After, I looked up any tutorials on Youtube and hoped to god if I could find one that seemed manageable and on brand for the show. I found one tutorial that fit the right criteria and spent the first week working on the intro and learning After Effects. The supervisor is so nice and helpful on where to get access to any photos or videos from their company. She even said there was no problem if I needed more time on the intro. But my ego wanted to make a first good impression and used my hours wisely to follow the tutorial, and added more on my own.