Meet The Pros event!

This week I attended the “Meet the Pros” event hosted by New York City College of Technology City Tech and the Department of the Art Design Club.

What an experience I had meeting with other young designers looking to build their networking connections! Learning a few pointers from professionals in the real work place was something to look forward to.

The host of the night was Ethan McCarty, the Global Head of Employee and Innovation Communications at Bloomberg. McCarty and his team focus on the growth in communication and team research.

There are multiple communication teams globally, each research the popular trends for all areas of the business. McCarty shared interesting notes on building work ethics and fine tuning skills sets. He explained what is of importance in a work place and how communication design plays a crucial role in the company.

During his speech, McCarty shared the “Cooperate Platform to Build Belief in Bloomberg.” Demonstrating the importance of the teams strategy, he shared the breakdown on how they collect their data research. Mostly divided by different social media outlets, blogs, newsletters, digital signage and so on, each area is split up between teams.

Seeing how much research and effort the company puts into the success of their company, and their employees, I think being a part of the Bloomberg team would be an incredible company to be a part of.

I can’t wait for the next Meet the Pros event and meeting other professionals in the field.