Square/Meaning/2014

Square/Meaning/2014

Using squares to express a word has made this project creative, expressive and fun to work on. I consider the Square/Meaning project to be my favorite through out the course. On this project I learned to arrange squares in a certain way that they would speak for themselves. I learned  that a definition can be expressed in many different ways.

The challenging part for me was arranging the squares. It was challenging because I had to make proper use of the white sides. All of the squares had to be related within each other and couldn’t be to far from the sides. I found this project useful to make me more visual, to teach me how to use an object or a shape and arrange it by defining a word.

Color Wheel/2014Goethe/2014

The primary colors: red, yellow and blue were the first ones I painted on the Bristol. Then I painted the secondary colors and lastly the tertiary. The tertiary colors were the ones I struggled with the most. I had difficulties when I mixed the orange secondary and the violet secondary. I also had difficulties when I mixed the violet secondary and the green secondary.

The mixture of gouache and water was challenging because I couldn’t agree on which needed more or less. Now I know my tertiary colors where the ones I did the least well. After going through all the triangles presented in class I realized what I had to improve. The criticism helped me to observe colors in a better way and how I could improve in the future.

Color Wheel/2014

Color Wheel/2014

The Color Wheel gave me a better perspective of color. I learned  things I didn’t know before, I learned how color changes, how to be precise and also how to criticize color. I had to go through many test strips to find the right one. I made sure that the colors next to each other were related but most of all that they weren’t alike, they had to have some variation but not a drastic one. This project required of a lot of patience and most of all a lot of analyzing.

Analyzing whether I needed more or less water or if I needed more of one color than the other were for me the hardest parts. Seeing the final result I could say that the greens could of been better. I believe they need more variation because their to similar to each other and this makes the change hard to observe.