There are many reasons why everyone should keep their personal information very secure. People can use your personal information to damage your credit or reputation, therefore it is advised that you secure them.
- Do not walk with your social security card with you, leave it at home. Never give the number over the phone.
- Do not walk with all your band or credit card with you, only take the one(s) you need
- Never give your debit or credit card’s PIN number to strangers or over the phone
- Don’t provide your Social Security number, bank account number or credit card number to anyone who contacts you through telephone solicitation.
- Keep all your financial documents somewhere people don’t have access to.
- Make sure to either shred or throw away important financial papers.
- Report any lost debit or credit card to the card provider.