Pursuing My Passion

Selecting an internship can be difficult, you always want an internship that will help you gain experience to achieve the future role you want throughout your career path. As I said previously when I saw the internship to be a designer for a former boxing champion, I thought it was perfect, the first thing I said to myself was “This will be my opportunity to get my foot in the door when it comes to sports design”. I always had a passion for sports therefore I create basketball content using NBA players to create designs but having materials in my portfolio for a former boxing champion will definitely make it more enticing. When I had the phone interview with my supervisor assistant it was very smooth, straight to the point and informative especially because they were impressed with the portfolio that I sent to them. They informed me what my role would be, which is to create compelling social media designs (mostly on Instagram and Facebook) that supports my supervisor boxing career, highlighting his accomplishments in his career and gaining awareness to bring clients into his boxing session. I would be also be creating advertisements for the gym and for boxing events that would be held in the gyms. During the interview he notified me that the job would be remote which worked perfect for my schedule, as well as I would have design freedom on most projects unless the project details had a specific design direction beforehand. They would send me photos for each project to use along with the design brief. After they explained everything to me about my role, the organization and a brief history of my supervisor and the gym I was excited to intern for them. I knew I would be limited in terms of getting formal office experience and not having an actual art director to shadow but I felt like getting this experience, having connections to a professional boxer which would look good on my resume and joining a place that embraces me and my work to make me feel comfortable is always a great option. I enjoyed speaking with my supervisor assistant, he made me felt a part of the team even before I ultimately ending up choosing them to work for.