Week 4: Networking Event

The event I attended was a zoom conference I found on LinkedIn where many users all around can join and network with each other. I thought this was the perfect event to attend because it was an event for people who have small businesses or freelance. It was a great opportunity to share information about your services, promotions, events and offers you have going on. Many people on Linkedin were interested in the event. However, only twenty people attended the conference. The event began at 9:00 AM EST and lasted a little over an hour. We each went around and presented ourselves with a little bit of our background and our occupancy.

Everyone in the event was very nice and had their own story. It was very nice to hear what were their passions, interest, and where they are now. I was the youngest and only student in the event. After each person had their turn, they’d drop their information and LinkedIn profile in the zoom chat to connect. I was surprised to meet other people like me a graphic designer at this event. For example, Sarah and Kevin are graphic designers that attended the event. Both service and specialize in a little bit of everything such as photography, packaging design, advertising, and more. They talked about their site Zebra Creative. At this site, you can find all of their work. Kevin said they liked zebras which is why they are called, “Zebra Creative.” Kevin and Sarah are both located a little outside of London and said they are willing to travel if they have to for any contract or big projects if offered.

Overall, I am very pleased to say it was a fun experience and a interesting event where I got to meet people with similar and different backgrounds. I gained ten new connections on Linkedin after this event. Pleased to say I started the semester with forty-five connections and now I have sixty-five connections.